Welcome to openEMS Wiki
a free and open electromagnetic field solver
Visit the openEMS front-page
- openEMS is a free and open-source electromagnetic field solver using the FDTD method
- fully 3D Cartesian and cylindrical coordinates graded mesh
- Matlab (or Octave) is used as an easy and flexible scripting interface
- Multi-threading, SIMD (SSE) and MPI support for high speed FDTD
For a more extensive list of features have a look at the openEMS features
Download & Installation
- Windows & Linux: Use the installation guide to download & install openEMS.
- Have a look at the Matlab/Octave Tutorials
- The online manual gives an overview of the functions available to openEMS.
- Have a look at the Frequently Asked Questions
- openEMS in the International Journal of Numerical Modelling doi or pdf
- List of publications using openEMS: Publications
License & Reference
- openEMS is licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or later
- CSXCAD is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 3 or later
- We kindly ask you to reference openEMS in any publication that you were using openEMS for.
- Have a look at the list of publications referencing openEMS: List of publications.
Contact & Forum
For questions, problems, bug-reports, support, ideas etc. regarding openEMS have a look at the openEMS-Forum, write an email or contact me on Google+.
For general questions regarding numerical simulations, electromagnetic problems etc. you may have a look at the Laboratory for General and Theoretical Electrical Engineering (ATE) website.